Sunday, April 11, 2010

Adaptation!

This adaptation is going to make you say "HECK YES" alright let's do it

(shhhhhh scripts are okay right, I like scripts more anyway)

------

{atop a hill, colonel prescott along with three minutemen (sam, doug, and josh) are exposed and vulnerable and will certainly become victim to the approaching british army if they don't do something fast!!}

COLONEL PRESCOTT: Good heavens, my lads!! That's really the end of our ammunition? What's wrong with you?!

MINUTEMAN SAM: sir I don't think there's anything wrong with us and I don't think we have any time to waste arguing over it either

COLONEL PRESCOTT: Well said, well said. Alrrrrrrrright then I guess we're going to need to figure out a super-clever and STYLISH way to trump those RED COAT SCUM before they overtake us entirely!!

MINUTEMAN JOSH: okay but we better make it quick

{suddenly the british fire a nasty shot that lands a hit right on minuteman josh!!}

MINUTEMAN JOSH: ggghkgrhk, so much bleeding.

{minuteman josh falls to the ground, either unconscious or dead, I'm not even sure.}

MINUTEMAN DOUG: oh this is not looking good for us

MINUTEMAN SAM: dang, and there's so many of them too, another soldier down is the last thing we need, eh

COLONEL PRESCOTT: Come now, men! It's not so bad!! We have LIBERTY and INDEPENDENCE on the line and we cannot afford to let our countrymen down!!

MINUTEMAN DOUG: okay

{suddenly a multitude of shots go whizzing by. after a couple close calls, minuteman doug does fall.}

MINUTEMAN SAM: oh dear, this is an equally devastating loss

MINUTEMAN DOUG: oh no worries, I just sort of lost my footing, I am completely unscathed

MINUTEMAN SAM: doug you had me so worried, how could you ?!

{minuteman sam promptly kicks minuteman doug in the face, who in turn falls over unconscious}

MINUTEMAN SAM: oops, this was not the intended outcome

COLONEL PRESCOTT: I ASK YOU AGAIN, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

MINUTEMAN SAM: I am sorry, this is all my fault

COLONEL PRESCOTT: NO TIME FOR THAT, GO GET SOME MORE MEN UP HERE OR WE'RE BOTH DONE FOR

MINUTEMAN SAM: sir we are entirely out of men

COLONEL PRESCOTT: Dang it, I don't want problems, soldier, I want solutions!!

{a cannonball whizzes past and misses the two remaining rebels entirely.}

MINUTEMAN SAM: hmm, they must not be able to aim very well from down there, they're kind of wasting their ammo, aren't they

COLONEL PRESCOTT: THAT'S IT, SOLDIER

MINUTEMAN SAM: what I don't even

COLONEL PRESCOTT: THE ONLY WAY WE CAN TROUNCE THESE KIDS IS IF WE STEER CLEAR OF ALL THEIR SHOTS UNTIL THEY COME CLOSER

MINUTEMAN SAM: well, yeah, I suppose that's one thing we can do to conserve ammo, but do you really think we can dodge them forever

COLONEL PRESCOTT: ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT

MINUTEMAN SAM: I am not liking this plan very much at all but

COLONEL PRESCOTT: DON'T FIRE 'TIL YOU SEE THE WHITES OF THEIR EYES!!

MINUTEMAN SAM: okay then

{regrettably, the catchy strategy was not enough and they were trounced by the british.}






{but they were remembered in history!!}

1 comment:

  1. i like the dialogue you use. you can clearly tell that these people are from another time period.

    ReplyDelete

Moooooookgame